Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sunday April 10th, 2011



I awoke this morning feeling a little dizzy. I was way out of it. The sun was shining in the middle of the sky, but my watch read 7:10 in the morning. I later found out that my watch had died. My phone had also died, and I had to turn on the computer to determine the time. It was 11:00 in the morning. I also felt strangely… I felt healthy. My sickness had passed.

For lunch, I went over to the Dumpling shack and got some jiaozi. I packed my bag so that I could ride straight over to Bally. As I rode my bike after the meal, I chanced upon a man selling very legitimate copies of books out of the back of his rickshaw. I found a copy of Malcolm Gladwell’s What the Dog Saw, and considering how good the last book I read by this author was, I bought it. At Bally, I rode the stationary trainer, and then did a bibathalon. What is a bibathalon, you ask? It is the baby version of the hottest new exercise routine at ACC – the tribathalon. The tribathalon consists of steam, sauna, and then a shower, and is revolutionizing the way that we think about exercise here in the great People’s Republic. A bibathalon is only steam and a shower. I encourage you to participate in tribathalons in your respective hometowns, as well.

I did a little homework, and after that I got some pizza at West Pizza with Luke, Cliff, and William. We each ordered a Caesar’s salad, and we shared a large meat lovers’ pizza. A word to the wise: just because the menu says that it is a Caesar’s salad does not mean that it has Caesar’s salad dressing. Whenever you see the word “dressing” in a Chinese menu, please substitute that word for “mayonnaise,” then you will have an accurate idea of what you will be eating. Over the meal, we discussed the things that we would eat when we get back to the States, which is one of my favorite exercises when I’m eating pseudo-Western food in this country.

After that, it was back up to the room, a little reading, and then time to hit the sack.

Keep it classy, world!

Love,

Jamey

No comments:

Post a Comment