Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday March 31st, 2011



Class.

I have been looking at the restaurants at the West Gate all-wrong. This is not a place that I should go merely to get food and satisfy my hunger. It is a checklist. The first foods on my list included donkey sandwiches. They were interesting to say the least, but the sandwiches were not as good as my classmates promised. Some swear by the sandwiches, but I found mine to be more unnerving than enjoyable. The sandwiches were served on a flaming-hot bun, but the meat remained mysteriously cold. I am more curious about how they kept the meat that cold at the restaurant, as this is the first refrigerated item that I have consumed at the West Gate. After three donkey sandwiches – the last one being particularly cold in the center – it was time for me to move on to better cuisine. Despite their dubious cuisine, the restaurant serving the donkey sandwiches is pretty interesting. There are a number of signs expounding upon the merits of the daily consumption of donkey meat, alongside vivid descriptions of the donkey-sandwich-making process.

I supplemented the donkey meat meal with some sort of Taiwanese ham sandwich. The bread was made of some sort of flaky wheat roll, and the bread looks very familiar to me. But for the life of me, I cannot remember where I have eaten that meat before. It will remain a mystery.

My afternoon was spent writing all manner of application for internships, and I was quite tired of applying for them after this day. I cannot apply to any more, it would seem.

I began working on a video of Morgan’s time in Beijing. The process is a little slow, and the iMovie software is a little inflexible on certain points. I had to consult the Internet on more than one occasion about how to use the software.

I rode down KFC for some supper, as it was already 10:00 at night. Nothing but KFC and McDonalds was going to be open this late during the week, so I satisfied myself with a spicy chicken sandwich and some French fries. I would highly recommend that American KFCs model their chicken sandwich after the Chinese sandwich. If they did so, I would visit American KFCs a lot more.

I looked over my notes for the test on the morrow. I have essentially given up studying for the tests, as it seems to have no effect on my grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment