Monday, April 18, 2011

Sunday April 17th, 2011



Dear readers, it is with a heavy heart that I announce end of the normal journal sequence of the spring of 2011. Why normal, you ask? Because I still have a few journals that I hope to write that will summarize my experiences in Beijing and my analysis of ACC in general. Stay tuned, and I hope to post more pictures of the trip when I get back home, along with several recordings that I made during the trip and the video of Morgan’s trip to Beijing. I am also planning on making a book of the pictures that you can see when I get back.

Today was a rather boring day, I am afraid. I woke up late, journaled, talked to Morgan on sykpe, worked out at Bally, and studied into the night. This week will be a flurry of test preparations and presentations, and I am already ready for it to be over. For these reasons, I have decided to suspend writing journals until the semester is over.

For those of you who are interested, I am going to stay at my host family’s house right after graduating, so that I may get the 1,000-Yuan deposit back from the hotel and still have time to buy souvenirs and use the 1,000-Yuan for its original purpose of buying gifts, instead of having to convert it back to US dollars.

To anyone and everyone who has read this while I have been in Beijing this semester, thank you. I have written 91 separate entries, and I hope that these journals have been entertaining and enlightening for you. If the journals were half as enlightening as this semester has been, there would be a wealth of information to fill volumes. I am afraid that there is not quite that much information here!

There is no doubt that China is currently in a state of great change. Whether or not this period of time will be crucial for future development, and whether or not what I have seen here accurately depicts the future of China, only time will tell. I do know that it is exciting to be here in the capitol of China, as have so many other more intelligent scientists, economists, and politicians, and to see the changes in the People’s Republic.

I’ll write soon (and see you sooner)!

Love,

Jamey

PS – I will be writing journals of our trip to Israel in mid-May, along with pictures and some digital content. Please give me any feedback on this journal, and suggestions for further writing. I am open to suggestions and exploration…

No comments:

Post a Comment